This Christmas I got Jamie Oliver’s new cook book – ‘Save with Jamie’ and it has got some lovely recipes all next to a great big picture to guide you nicely towards what it should look like. There’s a great section for vegetarian recipes too – now I’m a meat eater but there are plenty vege’s in my family to feed and they are also really cheap to make.
This one was really scrummy and I even had the left overs for lunch the next day. I have added in the measurements for a meal for 2 people but feel free to add more for a bigger portion.
- 2 potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 tsp Dijon
- ½ lemon
- Olive oil
- A handful of frozen peas
- A handful of spinach
- 2 eggs
- A few crumbles of feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Peel the potatoes and carrots, then coarsely grate them in a food processor. Add a good pinch of salt, toss and scrunch it all together, then leave for 5 min. Meanwhile, mix the mustard, a good squeeze of lemon juice, and a couple of lugs of olive oil with a little pinch of salt and pepper in a medium bowl and put aside.
- Pour a glug of olive oil into a separate large bowl and add a good pinch of pepper. Handful by handful, squeeze the potato and carrot mixture to get rid of the excess salty liquid, then sprinkle into the bowl. Toss in the oil and pepper until well mixed, then evenly scatter it on a large oiled roasting pan. Roast for around 35 min, or until golden on top and super crispy around the edges.
- Whilst your rosti is baking cook your peas on the hob and once cooked, add them to the bowl of dressing and pile the spinach on top.
- Poach 2 eggs in water (I did two fried eggs as I had run out of cling film and like to poach my eggs the special Jamie Oliver way – more details to follow soon!)
- Serve the rosti with the eggs on top. Quickly toss the salad together to dress it and scatter in piles on the rosti, then crumble over the feta and serve!