This is one of the yummiest pizza’s ever and it can be customized to have pretty much anything on top (I use up whatever I have left over in my fridge) The base is simple – simply John Waite’s dough recipie halved – this will give you the right amount for one large pizza between two of you.
- 200g strong white bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- half a packet of instant yeast
- 140ml tepid water
1. Mix the ingredients together and knead for 10 minutes by hand or 6 minutes with dough hooks on a mixer
2. Leave in an oiled bowl to prove for an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
3. Roll out into the pizza dough shape and size required. You can leave it to prove again for between half an hour or an hour but if you like your base crispy, chuck your topping on at this point and pop into an oven at 200C for half an hour or until crispy on top.
- For the base I use stir in pasta sauce – I love the sweet pepper one
- Cheddar cheese
- Dollops of pesto
- Peppers (all but green, as they are bitter)
- Chorizo or German Salami
- Shavings of parmesan
- Cracked black pepper
- A sprinkle of chilli flakes