Crumpies! What a wonderful creation – a cross between a Yorkshire pudding and a crumpet, perfect hot out of the oven with lots of butter and a cup of tea!
They are a Jamie Oliver recipe and are a lot easier to make than crumpets – so if you’re in a rush these are perfect.
- Vegetable oil for greasing
- 500g strong bread flour
- 1 tea spoon caster sugar
- 7g sachet of yeast
- A good pinch of bicarb
- 2 tea spoon salt
- Preheat the oven 170C/Gas 3 and grease a muffin tray with veg oil
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and pour 600ml of tepid water into the mix, whisk until combined and leave for 10 minutes
- When batters thickened pour into muffin holes until the mixture reaches the top
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden
- Enjoy with lots of butter 🙂
Enjoy and please share if you like the recipe or leave me a comment – I’d love to hear from you 🙂